In order to work efficiently and creatively Norrsken House has different areas for different kinds of work.
Open areas and Hot desk seating
1. Entrance corridor: Is the corridor most of our members use at the start of each day. It's located just inside speedgate 1-2 and here you can find private lockers, coat hangers and a drying cabinet before you continue into the rest of the house.
2. Parks: Norrsken house has five park areas assigned for flexible hot desk seatings. You can find the areas by entering through speedgate 3 and 4 or directly from Townhall. When working from here, please be aware of your neighbours. Place yourself in an area that matches your collaboration ambition and help others understand your focus needs at the moment. All members shall feel comfortable being able to work without distraction. Phone calls and video calls are not allowed in the parks.
3. Library: Is located furthest down on our first floor in the main house. This is a quiet zone with flexible seating where talking, phone calls, and Skype calls are not allowed. You sit in Library to be undisturbed with full focus. If you have to attend a call or a meeting while you are here, you are welcome to use the telephone booths located at the end of the main corridor. Read more about the rules here.
4. Townhall: Is located on the second floor furthest down to the house. Here, you can eat lunch, get coffee and the space could also be used for working, preferably outside eating hours. This is a more noisy environment which might be the perfect place for you when you feel a bit more interactive and don’t mind being disturbed from time to time. Remember to not sit in Townhall for work during lunch hours between 12:00 and 13:00. The area is also used for our bigger events, after works and community breakfasts.
5. Moon: A separate space from the rest of the house, sometimes used for events and activities during day time. Moon is a great space if you want to sit and work with your team, if you want to workshop and use whiteboards, or if you just want a calm working environment.
6. Reception and Café area: In the reception and Café area, everyone is welcome to sit and work. Work from here if you want to take meetings with non-members or if you like to have a nice fika.
Fixed desk areas and Residential offices
1. Mezzanine: is located above the café on the second floor. The area is dedicated for fixed desk memberships. Great for teams that have the need to sit together. You can apply for a fixed desk membership by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Launchpad room 1-6: Are located on the 3rd floor. Launchpad room 1-6 are smaller offices for 4 people. These are perfect for growing teams were some members wants to sit in an office while others wants to use the hot desk membership.
3. Residential office 1-4: Are located on the second floor along the corridor starting from Townhall towards Mezzanine. Residential office 1-4 are dedicated for teams of 6-8 people. If your team is growing and you are interested in a private office, please give us an early heads up and email email@example.com.
4. Orbit and Residential office 5-9: Is our expansion area located next to our main house. you find this area by following the signs in the reception, through the corridor in Moon and through the open area in Birger jarlsgatan 57A/B. The Orbit area is for bigger teams in private offices for 6-13 people. In Orbit, teams have access to their office, meeting rooms and a lounge area with coffee.
Meeting rooms and Phone booths
1. Skype rooms: We have 6 Skype rooms located in the entrance corridor by the lockers. These are small meeting rooms perfect for video calls or phone calls. These are to be used solely for meetings so be mindful of your fellow members and do not use this for regular work.
2. Phone booths: There are 8 phone booths at Norrsken House Stockholm
- In Park 1
- Next to printer on ground floor
- Next to printer on second floor
- Next to Conference Room 3
- In Orbit
- In the Library
These are perfect for taking phone calls of digital meetings. Consider these rooms instead of occupying a full meeting room. Read more about the rules here.
3. Glass house 1.1 - 1.13: are located in in connection to Park 1-5 and are small bookable meeting rooms for 2-4 people. You can book them through the member portal.
4. Glass house 2.7 - 2.13: Are located on the 3rd floor and are non-bookable meeting rooms for 2 to 4 people. Use these meeting rooms for spontaneous meetings.
4. Conference room 1-3: are located on the first floor along the entrance corridor and are bigger bookable meeting rooms for 6-12 people. You can book them through the member portal.
5. Conference room 4: is located on the first floor just opposite to Moon and is a bigger bookable meeting rooms for 6-12 people. You can book it through the member portal.
6. Conference room 6-7: are located in Orbit. Conference room 7 is a smaller meeting room that also has our podcast equipment.
1. Studio: is located furthest down in the house just right after the entrance corridor on the first floor, Perfect if you want to take photos, 3D print or prototype using the different tools available in the studio. Please review these guidelines for using the studio equipment.
2. Playroom: located on the first floor just after the Skype rooms. Here you can work while bringing your kid to work.
5. Meditation room: is located in Library and is a quiet space for relaxing. Go here if you want to take a quick break from work or do some meditation.
4. Post Office: is located furthest down in the house just right after the entrance corridor on the first floor. In post office you can retrieve you post and letters and recycle waste in our recycling station. Here, we also have extra big storage cabinets which companies can rent.
5. Package delivery room: Is located in the reception area just left of Speedgate 1 and 2. Here, your company can receive packages.
5. Day-to-day storage: is located furthest down in to the house just right after the entrance corridor on the first floor. Here you can store bigger items for 24 hours only. Perfect if you receive a delivery or have brought other things to the house and need storage for the day
Article is closed for comments.