Why is Norrsken expanding to Rwanda?
There are many reasons why Rwanda and Kigali is the best place for Norrsken to find the next generation of entrepreneurs. Rwanda is the gateway to Eastern Africa, and East Africa has the highest use of mobile financial services on the continent, creating the preconditions for massive innovation. East Africa has some of the continents' most dynamic cities within a few hours reach; Kigali, Dar es Salaam, Kampala, and Nairobi.
The region has one of the youngest populations. In 30 years' time, the population will have doubled to around 800-900 million people. East Africa is one of the fastest-growing regions in the world, averaging 6-7 % over the past six years, with most of the growth driven by smaller enterprises.
Fun facts about Rwanda
- Rwanda is known as the “Land of a Thousand Hills”.
- You can start a business in 48 hours in Rwanda.
- Rwanda has the world’s highest representation of women in parliament. 64% of Rwanda’s members of parliament are women.
- In 2007, Rwanda became the first country in the world to legislate an outright ban on plastic bags.
- Between 2001 and 2012, real GDP growth in Rwanda averaged 8.1% per annum.