In Conference Room 7, located in Orbit, we have installed podcast equipment for all of our members to use. You can book “Conference Room 7 (Podcast room)” via the member portal or Norrsken House app.
The room has a permanently installed, USB plug and play solution with a set of 2 microphones and one preamp. Remember that you must bring your own computer and choose a sound recording program of your liking in order to get going. In addition to this, we have installed a light source for improved lighting when hosting a virtual event.
DIY virtual events space setup guide
In order to best use the space for a virtual event we have some advice on setup and preparations:
We recommend that you bring the plant that is opposite the door into the room. Feel free to grab a chair and a side table from the cafe area if that will better suit your needs. Draw the curtain in-front of the door, a set up the light on the table facing the door and get ready to present!
We advise using wireless earbuds such as air-pods (or other) to record the audio, and simply using a laptop on the table to record video.
How to find Conference Room 7 (Podcast room)
From the Norrsken reception follow the signs towards Orbit via the corridor in Moon. Use Kisi to access Orbit Main entrance and go up the stairs to the right. Conference Room 7 is the second door on the left. If you need assistance, please ask a Welcomer in the reception.
Instructions for using the podcast equipment:
1. Make sure that the red preamp is turned <On>
2. Connect the preamp to the computer via the USB cable
3. In you computer settings for sound: Choose the preamp
4. Start the recording software on your computer
Software to record a podcast
Easy version (Mac)
Other free softwares:
- Light for video conferencing
- Two mics for podcasting
- Preamp connected to mics
- Low chair
How to set up 2 tracks recorded by 2 mics
- Öppna Ljud-/Midi Inställningar under verktyg
- Skapa eller redigera Sammanslagen enhet
- Välj två mikrofoner....och Built in Output
- Annars kan jag ta AirPod Max
- Glidkorrigering kan vara på
- Öppna nytt projekt i Garage Band
- Välj Input 1
- Välj Instrument koppla till enhet - och välj Two Mics
- Don't tick her instrument
- Lägg till nytt spår välj input 2
- Under Spår välj konfigurera Spårrubrik och kolla att inspelning är enabled
- Håll Ner shift och klicka i de röda punkterna så att de båda blinkar och tryck sedan på record
Youtube tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeBAyanpeBU