We have two printers at Norrsken Main House, and one in Orbit. They are all equipped with a scanner and a copy function in colour. In the main house, the first one is close to the Library, and the other one is on the second floor in the Mezzanine area. In Orbit, it's located down in the corridor. Here is a step by step guide how to install these printers.
The printer software we use is called PaperCut. It not only gives you more security to print, but will also contribute to being more aware of the use of paper and other benefits.
After you install it, it gives you access to all 3 printers in the house, so you don't ever need to specify which printer you want to print! All you need to do is to remember your ID number (which you can choose for yourself). If you're using Mac, important to enter the username/password that you have registered on PaperCut, NOT the username/password for your own Mac, if a window pops up asking for it!
Installation guide for both Mac and Windows
1. Be sure you connected to the “Norrsken Member” Wifi
2. Register as a new user by following this link
3. Be sure to create an Identify Number (6 digits) you can remember. You will need it every time you use the printer!
4. After registration, you'll get 2 emails, one for confirmation & one for verify your email address. Please do verify your email address.
5. After you verify your email, you should be able to log in. And then you can install MobilityPrint by using the link down in the left corner (see the picture below)
6. Follow the instructions and install the package (see the picture below)
7. After the installation, you can start to print. Just find the printer 'SecurePrint_Norrsken' in your settings. For the very first time, a window may pop up asking for username and password. Use the one you created in the second step, NOT the one for your own computer.
8. After you send the job to the printer, you can now go to any printer, and log in by using your ID number. You will see you have a pending job. Press “Print all”.
Don't forget to log out on the printer after you finish your printing. For hard copies, choose “Device functions”.
If you don't remember your ID number, please log in to the system, and under 'Change Details', you can find out your ID number.
If you're still encountering problems, please send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org